Dr Bernadette Carelse qualified as an Educational Psychologist in 2006 and since then, has worked at the Hackney Learning Trust, in London and independently. Like other EPs, she has experience and skills working in a range of settings, including nurseries, schools and colleges to support those working with children and young people with special educational needs.
Dr Carelse’s work includes:
- Delivering mindfulness training for school staff
- Delivering training for Educational Psychology Services: The Introduction to Mindfulness Day workshop
- Providing consultation services for school staff and families. This may include assessment work with children and young people.
- Contributing psychological advice to an Education Health and Care Plans.
- Providing services as an expert witness in family law.